Image source pexels
History, Meaning , Pros and Cons
- Organic foods have their history as all of you know that before industrialization, all foods were organic in nature as farmers used to grow their crops without any pesticides and chemicals. Farmers had no choice but to grow their crops without any fertilizers and chemicals. They used to grow to grow with animals manures. Their production was very low. After industrialization, farmers started growing their crops with the help of chemicals and pesticides.
- From an environment perspective, organic foods are better because fertilizers, overproduction and pesticides have destroyed the land . the water level have gone down because of excessive use of water to grow multiple crops. Organic farming reduces the risk but production reduces and prices of food items increase.
- Health and safety are major concern these days. People have again started to consume organic foods but at higher cost and organic foods are out of poor people reach.
- There is a widespread public belief that organic food is safer, more nutritious and better in taste than conventional food. Organic food is better than non-organic food ? Do your own research.
F.A.Q ABOUT ORGANIC FOODS
What is organic food ?
Organic food is grown without any use of chemicals, such as human made pesticides and fertilizers and does not contain genetically modified organisms(GMOs). Organic food includes fresh produce, meat and dairy products. Organic foods are also available in the form of processed foods such as frozen meals and drinks.
What are some examples of organic food?
The most common organic foods are fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy products and meat. Processed organic products are also available, such as sodas, cookies, and meat substitutes. Organic foods are produced through farming practices that only use natural substances like cow dungs.
Is organic food really better for you?
Is organic food more nutritious than regular food? Organic foods are not healthier, per se, in terms of nutrients. You are still getting the same benefits in conventionally grown foods as you are in organic foods
What are benefits of organic food?
- Organic food does not contain much pesticides.
- Organic foods are more fresh as they do not contain much preservatives and last long.
- Organic farming is better for environment but produce is less as it used to be in old days when there were no fertilizer and pesticides and farmers were totally dependent cow dungs.
- Organic foods are costlier than normal food as the production is less in case of organic foods.